Author Topic: chromeangels weapon skin frenzy  (Read 6770 times)

chromeangels weapon skin frenzy
« on: March 04, 2005, 04:53:03 AM »

Bahl

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 99245030
    • View Profile
    • Email
#mode 1
bahl
05.03.2005 03:53:03
yeah, he did it again! Chromeangel was on a skinning frenzy again. He finished a whole load of weapons, namely the complete current weaponrange for the necrons, and the only available weapon model for the tau, the pulse carbine. Of course you can take a look at his good deeds below, but i also want to use this news post for a little more   textual   information  -).<br />  First off, i just have to tell you, the NoLogo is on a frenzy too! You should remember the news about him joining our team for animatiing, and he damn well does that job! the newly animated weapons pile in my store and i plan to include them in a patch for the current version.<br />  Which brings me to the second point: I am planning to release a patch for the current public version some day ( probably within a few weeks ) adding some convenience stuff and content as mentioned before and above.<br />  ...and the third point is HL2. You guys asked for if, when, how and so on... we would release a converted version for HL2. Well,   if   yes,   when   ... you know we dont know it :-P. And   how   thats what im talking about: For now i will just point out 3 important parts and how we will deal with them. For one we will have to pretty much rebuild the maps for the engine, but we can use the bare architecture. So at some point, there needs to be a poll telling us which maps to convert! We can use the layout of the best of our maps and reproduce them for the new engine. The second big thing is the models: We can reuse them! We will however use a progressive mesh algorithm to increase the polycount for the sake of well rounded models without loosing our skins. The last part is code of course, and there i am just going to look forward to use the new physique-engine and vehicle code instead of having to fiddle with self-written semi-solutions.<br />  And now back to something completely different  -). Enjoy!<br />  [nail]../models/nc/wargear/nail/nc_warscythe.jpg[/nail][nail]../models/nc/wargear/nail/nc_gausscannon.jpg[/nail][nail]../models/nc/wargear/nail/nc_gaussflayer.jpg[/nail][nail]../models/nc/wargear/nail/nc_staffoflight.jpg[/nail]<br />[nail]../models/te/wargear/nail/te_pulsecarbine_01.jpg[/nail]