Author Topic: Back from the winter holidays and in with a little update  (Read 31718 times)

Back from the winter holidays and in with a little update
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:42:06 AM »

Bahl

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 99245030
    • View Profile
    • Email
I've been trying to get point 3 done from the list mentioned in the foregoing news. The result is not exactly to my full satisfaction to say the least. But considering the time without updates, I thought it'd be best to show it as soon as there is something visible:

What you can see in the lower left corner are images of the teams flags (all of them painted on top of each other) as part of the actual menu drawing system. It required quite some work in the background with client initialization and so on to get there so while it seems little, it is a larger progress. Client initialization is far from done though, so I will mention it in the coming updates as well.

Additionally, I had to realize that the network library I chose (akka) is probably not fit for this service and decided to try out a different one (kryonet) which seems more appropriate for game clients. Feel free to leave a comment if you want links or a rationale why that is.